Lanai Snorkeling - 3 Sites
Maui Activities - Ranked #1 Lanai attraction by TripAdvisor.com, this increadible Lanai Dolphin Rafting Adventure is one of the most innovative and exciting trips from Maui to Lanai and Molokai. You'll explore Maui's best ocean rafting cruise and discover the islands wildest coastlines, secluded beaches, Lanai shipwrecks and crystal clear snorkeling waters. If you're lucky, you might even get to swim with dolphins.
Oh yeah... Dolphins, dolphins and MORE dolphins! Did we mention green sea turtles, monk seals and whales (in season)? These are just a few of the possible exotic sea-life encounters you might enjoy. This is one of the most unique and extraordinary Maui rafting tours, since this is the only HBI circumnavigating Lanai and the only boat that consistantly sees the whole island year round. No other boat has or does circumnavigate Lanai more than this tour does!
Your Lanai raft journey will begin at 6:30 a.m., when you'll depart from Mala Wharf in Lahaina. You better hold ontight because you're in for a rafting adventure you'll never forget! The first part of your venture is along the north shore of Lanai, the home of the spinner dolphins. Crossing the AuAu channel and down the windswept coast where miles of isolated white sandy beaches beckon you ashore for exploration. The rushed hulls of the shipwrecks down this coast line date back to World War II.
You'll continue around the leeward side of the southwest coastline where you'll get to skim within a few feet of towering seacliffs and lava rock out crops. Numerous coves along the leeward side of Lanai offer splendid snorkeling where marine creatures of all types can be found. Anyone of these spots offers a remote and secluded setting for lunch. Sea caves, burial caves, blowholes, tidepools, spinner and spotted dolphins, monk seals, shipwrecks and white sandy beaches make this trip a must for everyone. You'll be journeying into the wild heart of Hawaii very few ever get to experience.
- Check-in time: 6:30 AM at the Mala Wharf in Lahaina
- Return time: Between 2-3 PM.
-Tour will cover 70 miles round trip, passing along shipwrecks on the north shore, make about 3 snorkeling stops where you'll get to jump into a marine sanctuaries. Every trip is unique, depending on sea conditions.
- Ocean Riders is owner operated since 1988 and is the original Lanai Rafting Adventure and the only Maui Rafting Company operating rigid=hull inflatables, called H.B.I.s which are used for search and rescue with the U.S. Coast Guard. This vessel measures 30 feet in length and is powered by twin 250hp Mercury Outboard engines. Certified to carry 22 passengers, but will max out at 18, to make sure you'll have extra room and plenty of comfort; also 50% of the boat is shaded and 50% of the passengers get to sit on a padded bench. The hulls are over 1,000 pounds heavier than most other rafts, translating to a much smoother, more comfortable ride. You will enjoy shipwrecks, sea coves, remote beaches, sea caves, dolphins, turtles and some of the best snorkeling Maui has to offer.
DUE TO THE POPULARITY OF THIS TOUR AND THE SPECIAL RATES OFFERED WE RECOMMEND YOU BOOK YOUR TOUR EARLY TO GUARANTEE AVAILABILITY AND YOUR SPECIAL RATE!!
Tour also includes:
- Continental Breakfast
- Buffet Lunch with variety of meats
- Cheese, Tuna, Pasta Salad, Candy Bars
- Sodas and plenty of filtered drinking water
- High quality silicon snorkeling mask and instruction
- Prescription Masks
Due to the adventuresome nature of this tour we do not recommend it for pregnant women, those suffering of back or neck problems or those who have recently been in surgery or suffering of any acute physical problems.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour for parties of 3 or less and 72 hours prior to tour for parties with 4 or more.
Cancellations must be made by calling our concierge lines at 808-214-9283. We will not accept cancellations via email, voicemail, fax or chatline. You must call at least 48 hours before the event for credit or refund to be applied. Some activities require a longer notice or will not allow cancellations once booking is made (each tour description will show exceptions to the 48 hour rule if applicable). Activities are 100% refunded in the event of your tour being canceled by the Activity Provider for any reason, such as weather, mechanical, etc. Ohana Fun! Hawaii will make every effort to get approval from an activity provider but cannot guarantee a refund until such approval is granted. If you have any questions regarding a specific activity refund policy please call our concierge lines at 1-808-214-9283 prior to making your booking.