Te Au Moana VIP: Wailea Marriott Luau
MAUI Activities - Spoil yourself in a top ranked Wailea Luau while enjoying preferred Seating, no lines, fresh flower lei greeting, VIP check-in and be the first to the buffet tables at "Te Au Moana, an Extraordinary Experience", also known as the Wailea Marriott Luau, Maui's newest luau, hosted by the Wailea Marriott Resort in Wailea, featuring one of the most beautiful sunsets anywhere in the world. This luau has one of the best sunset views of Maui and while watching the show you'll also enjoy the ocean as your back drop!
* Fresh lei greeting
* Visit with the local artists
* All-you-can eat Hawaiian buffet dinner
* Open Bar, including mixed cocktails, Maui's famous Mai-Tais and more
* Fresh kalua pig (cut right after being taken out of the imu and paraded before the guests)
* FREE SELF PARKING with Luau validation (Valet Parking: $35)
* The best dancers, fire-knife dancer, and more...
Days & Hours:
Available:Monday,Thursday, Friday & Saturday
Check in: 4:30pm
IMPORTANT: DUE TO THE LIMITED NUMBER OF SEATS AVAILABLE IN THE PREMIUM SECTION WE ASK YOU TO CALL OUR CONCIERGE LINES TO VERIFY YOUR PREFERRED EVENING IS AVAILABLE.
A constant among the vast generations of Hawaiians and Polynesians is the ocean tide. The tide linking all of Oceania, Te Au Moana, shares the ancestral telling's of the people of
Te Au Moana (The Ocean Tide) Show
Following our Kupuna's (ancestors) method of storytelling, Te Au Moana comes to life as it tells a story:
Act I: Retelling of the legendary episodes of
Act II: Features dances from
Act III: Celebrates the
Schedule of Luau Events
(Times & features subject to change without notice)
4:00 pm Banquet staff available to start the evening.
4:30 pm Bar opens, Cashier Hut opens, Photo opportunity with fresh flower
5:15 pm Live music
Crafters: Hawaiian crafter, Samoan crafter, Tongan crafter, and poi, pounder Interactive Stations: Flower craft, coconut husking, Ulumaika, Hula dancing and kapa printing.
5:30 pm Imu Unearthing (underground oven).
5:45 pm Buffet opens
7:00 pm Te Au Moana Show begins
8:00 pm Evening ends
Flower Craft: It is common throughout
Coconut Husking: The coconut is a central staple to the Polynesian diet.
Casual Hula's and Story Telling: Hula to share with guests who wish to remain seated and enjoy the ambiance.
Tongan Crafters: Dressed in traditional garments, our cousins the Tongan Crafters and Carvers display hand crafted artifacts for discussion and storytelling.
Samoan Crafter: Native to the islands of Samoa, our Samoan crafter shares with you the crafts and stories behind the crafts that come from her homeland.
Hawaiian Artisans: Maui's own Kapu family will provide a Hawaiian exhibit and offer deep insight into the multitude of Hawaiian Weapons, epic voyages, and royal lineages of
Ulumaika: A Hawaiian game played during the Makahiki otherwise harvest festival where peace and the arts were enjoyed by all.
Fresh Flower or Fish-hook Lei's: Symbolic of the bond between oneself and the land, such is manifested by wearing a lei. (lei's subject to availability)
Imu: The remarkable underground oven cooking of a whole pig using the same tools and methods of the ancients (NOT AVAILABLE DURING GROUND RENOVATIONS, FROM 5/2 THRU 8/31/16)
- Upcountry mixed greens with house made dressing (Ranch or Papaya seed)
- Hawaiian potato salad with green onions and green onion oil
- Soba noodle salad, crispy fried soba noodles
- Cucumber, red onion namasu, toasted seasame seeds
- Pineapple cole slaw, julienne red onion, diced tomatoes and cilantro
- Wailea Beach Macaroni pasta salad, chive
- Lomi lomi salmon with candied citrus zest
- Fruit salad (pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, passion fruit puree, toasted coconut)
- Freshly baked taro and Hawaiian sweet roll & Mango basil butter
- Kula Farms stir-fry vegetables with fresh herbs
- Seafood vegetable pasta primavera with olives and parmesan cheese
- Hawaiian purple sweet potatoes with coconut syrup and toasted coconut
- Roasted garlic edamame fried rice
- Shoyu, honey & ginger roasted chicken
- Honey teriyaki grilled steak, peppers and onions
- Imu kalua pig
- Pineapple upside down cake
- Sweet potato haupia squares
- Chocolate brownies
- Key lime squares
- Banana nut bread
- Assorted cookies
Our second time at Te Au Moana and we are hoping to do many more!
Best yet, been to others but too many people. Loved the smaller group and everyone was very friendly from our table mates to the staff and dancers.
Cancellations must be made by calling our concierge lines at 808-214-9283. We will not accept cancellations via email, voicemail, fax or chatline. You must call at least 48 hours before the event for credit or refund to be applied. Some activities require a longer notice or will not allow cancellations once booking is made (each tour description will show exceptions to the 48 hour rule if applicable). Activities are 100% refunded in the event of your tour being canceled by the Activity Provider for any reason, such as weather, mechanical, etc. Ohana Fun! Hawaii will make every effort to get approval from an activity provider but cannot guarantee a refund until such approval is granted. If you have any questions regarding a specific activity refund policy please call our concierge lines at 1-808-214-9283 prior to making your booking.