Haleakala 5-line Zipline
MAUI Activities - Imagine yourself soaring over gulches and through the trees along the slopes of one of the world's largest volcanoes. Set right on the way to Maui's Haleakala Crater, the Haleakala Skyline Tour is the perfect adventure for the whole family. Combining a short hike through a towering forest, an "Indiana Jones" style swinging bridge, and five amazing ziplines - including one of the fastest zips in the U.S. - this tour is guaranteed to thrill.
You'll hike through a forest and sail through the trees! The Haleakala Skyline Tour combines a 1/2 mile hike through the woods with five spectacular zipline crossings of a beautiful valley on Haleakala Ranch. Each line gets longer and more exciting than the one before it, which wil ease you into this new experience.
You'll traverse a dramatic "swinging bridge" in addition to their zipline crossings, providing you with a new and exciting a new element of adventure.
Specially trained guides will outfit you with a customized seat harness and equipment, before you get to start your experience into the woods and on to your adventure! This will be a perfect tour for you and the whole family, ages 8 and up!
You'll also have the option of purchasing a photo CD of yourself in zipping action - a take home momento sure to bring years of warm memories of your zipline adventure.
You may want to take advantage of this great opportunity to explore the world famous Upcountry region, including the Haleakala Crater, Alii Kula Lavender Farm, Tedeschi Vineyards, Ulupalakua Ranch area, Makawao Town and more...
Awards: Voted "Hawaii Eco Tour Operator of the Year" by the Hawaii Eco Tourism Association (2004), marking the first time a Maui based tour operator received this prestigious award!
Featured on the Travel Channel; shows like "Little People, Big World and "The Kids are in charge: Family Vacation", as well as on PBS' Equitrekking show in 2007 and 2008.
Tour Times: 8:30A 9:30A 10:30A 11:30A 12:30P 1:15P 2:00P 3:00P
Tour closed on New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
On very rare occasions, Skyline Eco-Adventures may need to close the course due to high Winds or heavy rain. If this is the case an attempt will be made by our concierge team to contact you, either to reschedule the tour or to provide you with a refund, reason why it's important your order includes a cellular phone number while on Maui, if available. Please understand the weather in Hawaii can be very different from the Mainland and other parts of the world. It might be raining at your resort and conditions might be perfect at your scheduled activity, so NEVER ASSUME your tour has been canceled. Please contact our concierge desk to re-confirm your tour.
Requirements and restrictions for all participants:
- Must arrive 30 minutes prior to scheduled tour time.
- Must wear closed toe shoes (athletic shoes or hiking boots)
- Must weigh between 60-260 lbs, to ensure the proper speed for each customer (Nothing to do with the strength of the gear used). Customers will be weighed on site.
- Must be physically able to hike 1/2 mile over uneven terrain at 4,200 feet elevation.
- Must not have participated on any scuba diving tours within 24 hours from the start of the zipline adventure.
- Long pants are highly recommended for comfort, along with short-sleeve t-shirt.
- Those with serious neck, back or joint injuries or chronic heart problems are encouraged to use discretion to their abilities and also to ask their doctors to verify they are cleared to participate in this activity.
- You'll be required to sign a release and waiver of liability prior to taking the tour.
- Must be 8 years or older. All participants under 15 may only participate with an adult participant 18 or older. Kids under 15 must be accompained by an adult. Kids 15-18 must have parents/guardian authorization signed at premises.
- No pregnant participants.
- No SMOKING allowed during the entire tour.
- Hiking only: Minimum age is 6
This tour now offers transportation from Wailea/Kihei for a fee of $250 for up to 13 participants. PLEASE CALL 808-214-9283 to set up a reservation that includes hotel pick-up.
The zipline guys were great! We had 2 in our party of 6 that were scared of heights and the guys helped them with their concerns.
Cancellations must be made by calling our concierge lines at 808-214-9283. We will not accept cancellations via email, voicemail, fax or chatline. You must call at least 48 hours before the event for credit or refund to be applied. Some activities require a longer notice or will not allow cancellations once booking is made (each tour description will show exceptions to the 48 hour rule if applicable). Activities are 100% refunded in the event of your tour being canceled by the Activity Provider for any reason, such as weather, mechanical, etc. Ohana Fun! Hawaii will make every effort to get approval from an activity provider but cannot guarantee a refund until such approval is granted. If you have any questions regarding a specific activity refund policy please call our concierge lines at 1-808-214-9283 prior to making your booking.